In order to promote our mission of advancing the science and technology of lyophilization or freeze drying, the Society encourages the formation local chapters. These chapters should serve an area that members is small enough that members can attend meetings by either driving or the use of public transportation and not require an overnight stay. Membership should be free of any membership fees: however, the chapter would have the right to charge an attendance fee to cover any costs for conducting the meeting such as rental of the room and food.
The operation of the Chapter shall consist of a President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer and Directors that are duly elected by the membership of the Chapter. The President shall conduct any business meeting and form any appropriate committee by appointing a Chairperson to head that Committee according to the By Laws.
USA MIDWEST CHAPTER:
- President: Dr. Jeff Schwegman (AB BioTechnologies, IN)
- Vice President: Mark Meluso (Key Scientific, IL)
- Secretary – Sherry Rusev (AbbVie, IL)
- Treasurer – Kevin Tebrinke, PE (Scientific Protein Laboratories, WI)
USA EAST COAST CHAPTER:
- President – Akhilesh Bhambhani (Merck, PA)
- Vice President – Sajal Patel (MedImmune, MD)
- Secretary – Bakul Bhatnagar (Pfizer)
- Treasurer – Shailaja Gupta (J&J, PA)
- Committee Member – Arnab Ganguly (IMALife)
- Committee Member – Kelley Forney-Stevens (GSK)
SOUTH AMERICAN (PERU BASED) CHAPTER:
- President – Susan Ríos (Medifarma)
- Susan is a chemical engineer from the National University of Engineering (UNI), Lima. She has a Master 1 degree in Physical-Chemical Processes (PPC) and Master 2 degree in Processes of Production, Quality and Control of Health Products (PPQCPS), both from Paul Sabatier University – Toulouse 3, France. Susan worked in development of lyophilized oncological products in Medifarma (Lima, Perú). She started up a pilot lyophilizer in Lyofal as a training (Salon de Provence – France). She now works in the department of Project and Engineering in Medifarma group. She started up two industrial lyophilizers and production plants. Susan is currently pursuing a doctorate in Chemistry in the Faculty of Sciences in UNI.
- Vice President – Adolfo La Rosa Toro (National University of Engineering)
- He is a PhD in Materials Sciences from the University of Alicante – Spain. He is a full time professor in the Chemistry Faculty of the National University of Engineering. He is also the head of the laboratory of research in electrochemistry.
- Treasurer – Silvia Delgadillo
- She is chemical engineer. She works in HW Kessel. This company sells equipments for laboratory in general as lyophilizers from Telstar.
- Secretary – Guilmer Agurto (Peruvian Institute of Nuclear Energy)
- He is also a chemical engineer. He is the head of the radioisotope production of the Peruvian Institute of Nuclear Energy (IPEN). He lyophilizes radioisotopes in his plant.