The next international event for the ISL-FD will take place 24-28 April 2017 in Havana, Cuba. The brochure and registration forms are complete and you can find them on the link below. The conference will be held around the following themes:
- Model-based process engineering,
- Complex molecules, cells and formulation
- Developments and innovation,
- Competing technologies,
- Standards, Validation and authorities,
- Equipment vendors.
Call for Papers: You are invited to submit an abstract that can be reviewed by the Program Committee for acceptance. As a guideline, the abstract should be restricted to 500 words. Graphs, tables and illustrative sketches are allowed as additions. The closure date for abstracts is 1 December 2016. Especially for PhD students: Feel free to submit abstracts for posters to be put in the program. Upon judgement of the Program Committee, 4 of them will be upgraded for oral presentation in the conference. The abstracts may be sent to the following e-mail address: Jos.email@example.com to the attention of Jos Corver, Chair Program Committee.
Lima, Peru 1st Conference (LYOCON 2016) Went Very Well!
93 persons attend at this opportunity, most of them from pharmaceutical companies, others from Peruvian Institute of Nuclear Energy (IPEN), one student of Chemistry and some professors from National University of Engineering (UNI).
6 sponsors supported the meeting:
- CIMA, enterprise which represents Tofflon in South America.
- Telstar Azbil.
- IMA Life.
- H.W Kessel, Peruvian company which represents Telstar for pilot lyophilizers.
- Medifarma, pharmaceutical company.
- Fuxion Biotech SAC, company which produces nutraceutics.
Several interesting topics were discussed by different speakers:
- Basics principles in Lyophilization, by Ivette Novoa from Medifarma.
- Application of the lyophilization in radiopharmaceutical products used in nuclear medicine, by Guilmer Agurto from IPEN.
- Continuos lyophilization: Innovation based in science by Jos Corver from Rhea Vita.
- Scale up of a recipe from laboratory to industrial plant by Robert Bullich from Telstar.
- Wireless sensors without battery for monitoring in aseptics process by Marco Preus from IMA Life.
- Optimization, monitoring and control process of lyophilized pharmaceuticals based in QbD and PAT by Thomas De Beer from Ghent University.
- Application of risk analysis on the design and building of pharmaceutical lyophilizers and its impact in the qualification by Mario Ochoca from CIMA.
- Regulatory approach to produce sterile lyophilized products by Joel Perez from Medifarma.
- Production of lyophilized liposomes by Jorge Sassone from Improvement S.A.
- Lyophilization in the nutraceutics industry by Ivan Columbus from Fuxion Biotech SAC.
Into the frame of conference, those speakers representing Ghent University met together with professors of Faculty of Sciences in the National University of Engineering (UNI) and they arrived to an official academic agreement in order to collaborate each other on research and development involving students and professor from both universities. Once again, the Society has contributed with spread of knowledge of science on lyophilization.
The East Coast Chapter held a meeting in Gaithersburg, MD on September 20th. They had 125 attendees and sponsored 7 students.
ISL-FD would like to thank these speakers, who gave us permission to post their presentations. Click for the link:
The Chicago Chapter Meeting was a great success! We had 144 people, including 13 students who were supported by the chapter. 10 students gave poster presentations, and two students gave oral presentations. Professor Michael Pikal was the keynote speaker. Andrew Strongwich of Purdue won the Dr. Thomas Jenning Award for best poster presentation. See the link for more information, including Student Poster Titles.
International Society of Lyophilization – Freeze Drying Inc.
The Society is a non-profit all – volunteer organization (registered in the State of Delaware in the United States) whose mission is to promote and advance the field of lyophilization (lyophilisation) by personal interaction using the Internet and supporting programs that provide financial and/or material assistance to those who need it. It is also dedicated to the promotion of friendship and understanding throughout the International Community by conducting meetings at various locations throughout the world. Our mission includes help for students who are studying in the field of lyophilization – freeze drying.